Sunday 21 October 2012

Probert House, San Francisco, California..

I have been doing some research on this stunning Victorian mansion located at 940 Grove street on the corner of Steiner Street, San Francisco opposite Alamo square. I fell in love with it on a trip to San Francisco and curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Probert House , a large Victorian Mansion was built in 1895 and is across Grove Street from the world Famous Painted Ladies. It was owned and used by schools from 1956 to 2009, the adjoining buildings have been demolished and are making way for building of wait for it...'The Painted Gentleman', for an inside squizz at this amazing property follow the link below. http://www.facebook.com/TravellingWithKids

http://www.bartlettre.com/listings/property.php?p_id=322










As far as I can understand the house is currently empty and they have demolished the back half to build  'Four Painted Gentleman', I look forward to returning to San Francisco to see this new exciting development. I love architecture and have an amazing appreciation for Victorian homes, this particular house impressed me more than the 'Postcard Row', which are absolutely stunning, but I couldn't compare them.

No comments:

Post a Comment